Online therapy might be new for you, but I’ve been using technology to support my clients for many years now. With clients who travel or who faced roadblocks to get into the office, creativity is often the name of game to get their needs met.
I’m thrilled that working online has become significantly more available and readily discussed in recent years and I hope will share some of that enthusiasm with me.
Depending on the circumstances, online therapy can be as effective, if not more effective, than coming into the office. For those with physical limitations, transportation issues or chronic illnesses, it is often extremely difficult to navigate getting into the office.
Online work allows for greater flexibility and ease of access. And that’s where the more effective comes in; once someone navigates the physical issues or the lack of transportation to get into the office a huge amount of energy has been used up! It is hard to be present in a session, discussing hard topics, when you’re concerned about catching the bus or a long drive back home or the overwhelming exhaustion you feel for the effort of getting in.
Tele-health is convenient as it resolves obstacles associated with coming into an office such as:
- Transportation (including access, costs for transit and/or parking, vehicle dependability)
- Caregiver responsibilities (including eldercare, childcare, and partner care)
- Accessibility (including physical/mobility limitations, mental health limitations)
- Convenience (squeezing in a session during lunch hour)
- Weather (weather is either unpredictable or epic—who wants to commute?)
- Work/Life balance (asking for time off work is tiresome)
If you have questions or concerns for how this might work for you or what the logistics are, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me and together I’m sure we’ll come to a solution that fits you.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
~ And yes! You can have your dog or your cat next to you as we talk while you’re at home!
I can be reached at 914-329-5964 or through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org when you’re ready for support, to invest in yourself and soar to higher heights…